Hello Disney goers and event enthusiasts! On Friday, May 22nd, 2015 at 6 a.m. until Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 at 6 a.m. the Magic Kingdom will open for it’s annual 24 Hour Event! The event will kick off the Frozen Summer Fun and will be a blast! No doubt it will be the Coolest Summer Ever!
Wondering why this event is different from regular park hours? First off, it is the same admission price as a regular day at Magic Kingdom, so on this day you get the most bang for your buck. Second, there will be special events going on throughout the day, including rare character meet and greets, a slumber party dance party, and shows that will have more show times! Also, don’t miss the fireworks!
The theme is to kick off Frozen Summer Fun with the coolest summer ever! Dressing up is optional and encouraged, but behind the Frozen theme, another more subdued theme is there as well for costume goers, Hero by Day, Villain by Night. A fun concept indeed and I hope it hints to some of the meet and greets! As always, read Walt Disney Worlds rules and restrictions for costumes.
This event will allow tourists and locals alike to experience all of the Magic Kingdom in 24 hours and still have time to re ride their favorite rides! Another great thing about this event is that you have the opportunity for some great photos, like a family photo at sunrise, meeting all the characters in one day, and/or a midnight castle photo (Cinderella Style).
A cool idea that I thought would be interesting and fun, is to play Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom and finish and entire game (all the lands) within 24 hours. Honestly, there is so much people can do, have fun with it, get creative, and make sure you #24hourevent on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to share your adventures!
Some Extremely Helpful Tips For The Coolest Summer Ever 24 Hour Event:
1. It will be hot, it will be crowded, wear something breezy and comfortable. Therefore, pack light.
2. If you are staying on property or at hotel and want a break, get to the park at opening, leave after the 3 o’clock parade, head back to hotel and nap/swim/relax/eat. Return to the Magic Kingdom around 8 p.m..
3. If you are doing the full 24 hours, Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress are great places to relax/nap in the A/C. Peoplemover is great if you just want to put your feet up and have a nice breeze.
4. Bring a portable phone charger, bring your outlet charger and charge at Rapunzel Bathrooms Charging Station, or worse case scenario, go to City Hall on Main Street and ask them to charge your phone (its free but space is limited, but you don’t need to have your own charger).
5. The Least Crowded time is from around Midnight till 6 am, so take advantage of that and use it to do things that tend to have longer lines (Mine Train, Anna/Elsa Meet and Greet, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain).
I will post the full and detailed schedule once it is released, but for now, start planning Your Fastpass+, dining reservations, and hotel stay!
Lastly, Jason will be at Magic Kingdom for the entire 24 hours!! If you will be at Magic Kingdom, make sure you meet up with Jason for his meet up! To sign up for the coolest summer ever meet up, click here and if you wont be able to follow along on Instagram and Twitter!
See Ya Real Soon!
-Monica L. Gillis