The words Chain Restaurant is either a good or a bad thing to those who are either traveling to or live in Orlando. For some people those words mean that they know what to expect. For others however it is a missed opportunity to eat local or miss quality. Well I have big news for you! Tony Roma’s has opened a new restaurant here in Orlando called TR Fire Grill. I was at the friends and family night and wanted to give my perspective on this amazing new restaurant!
First off, I want to clear up the title for you. For myself, the word “Chain” restaurant means one thing. You get the exact same mediocre food no matter where you go. If you go to any Chilis or Ruby Tuesdays around the world you expect the same food, quality, and service. TR Fire Grill is committed to take the word Chain and redefine it. How you ask? First off, they are focusing on farm fresh local food. TR Fire Grill is looking to change their menu on a quarterly basis focusing on fresh local produce, meats and more!
I was able to try some of the amazing menu selection at TR Fire Grill including the following items:
Springtide Harvest Salad:
- Roasted golden beets, batter-dipped Brussels sprouts, white asparagus, grilled pineapple, avocado, roasted tomatoes, Manchego cheese, pineapple mango vinaigrette, focaccia crouton
Bacon & Eggs:
- Mustard glazed pork, jalapeño deviled eggs, barbecue potato chip dust, pickled red onions
- Buffalo Mozzarella, Provolone cheese, pepperoni, sausage, garlic focaccia bread
Hand-Cut Flank Steak:
- Tomato infused, roasted tomato & onion
Chicken Fried Chicken:
- Black pepper gravy, Red River Farms Yukon Gold smashed potatoes
Shrimp & Grits:
- Smoked pork sausage, Sam’s Bayou sauce, jalapeno cheddar polenta
Red Velvet Cake
Butter Lemon Pound Cake:
- Blueberry sauce, vanilla Ice cream
- Apple pie shine, Fireball whiskey, pressed lemon & lime cinnamon
Ol’ Blue Eyes:
- Cold drip Tennessee whiskey, falernum, maple syrup, pressed lemon, egg white
The atmosphere at TR Fire Grill is a laid back one with a fresh open concept. The concept works here because it is what you make of it! I had a chance to talk to the head chef who has had his hand in every single menu at both Tony Roma’s and TR Fire Grill about this concept. He said that he is excited for this new venture and a fresh new face to the Tony Roma’s concept. Chef believes that this restaurant is going to bring in a fresh new crowd of people who want great quality food at more than affordable prices. I believe that TR Fire Grill is going to keep the Tony Roma’s franchise alive and well for many more years to come!
From what I tasted at TR Fire Grill the food was amazing with attention to detail and the drinks were to die for. You can tell if a restaurant puts a lot of time and love into what they do and this one sure beats the top of the list! I know that I cant wait to get back to TR Fire Grill for a full food review in the near future!!
What do you think of the new TR Fire Grill? Comment below to let me know!