Orlando Fun and Food had the opportunity to tour the new redesigned B resort at the Downtown Disney area of Lake Buena Vista, Florida yesterday. The resort and spa will be officially opening on the 16th, yet some amenities will not be ready until the end of the month. The property, which was once the Royal Plaza, has been totally transformed into the new luxury resort known as the B! This hotel will be the first lifestyle hotels in Central Florida, and also has the only salt water pools in and around Walt Disney World. The resort is located within walking distance of Downtown Disney, and has complimentary shuttle service to the theme parks and Downtown Disney! Here are some amazing facts about the resort and the property!
Facts about the new B Resort:
With its debut, the B Resort & Spa will unveil completely renovated guestrooms, including select family-friendly rooms and Master Suites, within the 17-story tower and connecting Lanai building. Master Suites were designed with business executives and extended stay guests in mind and showcase an expansive living and entertaining area with kitchenette or wet bar and formal dining space with seating for up to eight. The resort will feature 394 rooms including the following categories:
• 2 Master Poolside Suites
• 5 Master Suites
• 17 One-Bedroom Suites
• 20 family-friendly rooms with bunk beds
Meeting & Function Space
Over 25,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor flexible function space make the B Resort & Spa an ideal venue for meetings, events and weddings for up to 750 guests for banquets and 1,000 in theater style. Catering menus will be designed by China Grill Management, and a separate banquet kitchen allows for the hosting of kosher and other culturally authentic functions.
• Grand Ballroom (divides into five breakout rooms)
• Majestic (divides into three breakout rooms)
• Expressions (divides into two breakout rooms)
• Outdoor terrace and courtyard
Zero-Entry Pool, Full Service Spa & Other Amenities
The first full-service B Indulged® by AVEDA Spa will make its debut at the B Resort & Spa and add to the overall lifestyle hotel ambiance. The spa features four treatment rooms, including one for couple therapies, a separate hair salon, nail boutique, relaxation lounge, men’s and women’s locker rooms, and B Active® Fitness Center.
Other amenities at the resort include four tennis courts; an outdoor, heated zero-entry pool with interactive water elements and a nearby kids’ zone; a relaxing lobby with comfortable lounge areas; Monscierge® screens and mobile app (the interactive resort/destination guide providing guests with touch screen technology and access to maps, photos, restaurant menus and more); FreeB™ Wi-Fi (complimentary high-speed internet access) throughout the property; valet and self-parking onsite; and complimentary shuttles to the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks.
In relationship with Jeffrey Chodorow of China Grill Management, B Resort’s farmhouse chic signature restaurant, American Q, will offer an innovative culinary experience that redefines classic American barbeque. A cross-country selection of BBQ favorites, smoked meats, fish and poultry will be offered both from an à-la-carte menu and an original buffet presentation. Through a large window in the restaurant, diners can peak in on the action and watch as the culinary team smokes mouthwatering meats and rotisserie chicken.
Other food and beverage outlets at the resort also include a poolside bar and grill and The Pick Up, a grab ‘n go café with an ice cream parlor.
Overview of Hotel & In-Room Amenities:
• Zero-entry, mineral-water pool with multiple interactive water elements
• Private cabanas and outdoor fire pits
• Poolside café
• B Indulged® Spa – full service spa, hair salon and nail boutique
• B Active® fitness center
• Tennis Courts
• American Q – full service experience-driven restaurant
• Ice cream parlor and gift shop
• Kids zone for parents to enjoy with their children
• More than 25,000 square feet of meeting and event space
• Business services
• Valet & self-parking on site
• Complimentary shuttles to the Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks
• FreeB Wi-Fi – complimentary broadband high-speed internet access throughout the entire hotel
• Courtesy iPads available at the front desk for guest use
• Monscierge® – digital touchscreen concierge and destination guide
• Designer furnishings and appointments
• The Blissful Bed® – B Hotels & Resorts® Signature Bed
• 42” or 47” HD LED interactive flat-screen TVs
• B Treated Box– delicious in-room snacks
• Mini refrigerator
• In-room safe
• Electrical power hubs with USB, HDMI and international outlet plug ins
• Gaming consoles available upon request
• Bunk beds in select guest rooms
• Kitchenette or wet bars in select guestrooms
While this resort is not complete yet, it still is amazing. All the amenities will be ready by the end of June, 2014 with exception of the spa which will be ready by early Fall 2014. This resort is a great place to come home to after a long day in the parks. With the shuttle service, 24 hour room service, full service Disney store, and car rental on property to explore the rest of Central Florida, the B resort is going to be a major player in the game! If you book now, you can get a special introductory price of just 99.00 a night plus tax! Opening rates will be 149.00 a night and up! Look below for some amazing pictures of the sneak preview! Who is planning on coming to the B Resort? What do you think of the new look? Orlando Fun and Food will be back once the resort is fully open to review the restaurant and hopefully try out all the amenities!