The Orlando Eye, which is getting constructed at the new I-Drive 360 complex, is going to be something amazing to see! The framework is up and they are on schedule for the first quarter opening in 2015. Orlando Fun and Food wanted to share the facts about this awesome attraction!
• The Orlando Eye is the tallest observational wheel on the North American East Coast!
• Orlando Eye weighs about 3,000,000 pounds. That is 1,500 tons or 300 school buses.
• The Wheel Hub weighs more than a Boeing 737 at over 180,000 pounds.
• It takes over 150 forty-foot trailers to ship all of the wheel components.
• The capsules feature redundant (two) A/C units; color changing LED lights; Bose audio system for music/narration.
• The glass covering the capsules is crafted in Turkey.
• Capsules are assembled in Budapest, Hungary and shipped to Florida from Northern Germany.
• Intamin (based out of Switzerland) have designed and manufactured the wheel
• 400ft high
• Views over Orlando attractions, downtown, and on a clear day the East Coast and Kennedy Space Center
• 30 Unique Air-Conditioned Capsules
• 15 Person Capacity Per Capsule
• 20 minute experience on the Eye
• Event space and unique experiences will be available including Buy outs, Champagne Flights and Private Capsules
• Pre-flight 4D Experience (included in the admissions price)
o Showcasing a 3D film plus spectacular in-theatre effects including fireworks, wind, scents and lighting.
o Experience Central Florida and Iconic landmarks through the 5 minute film
o The capacity of the theatre will be approx 130
• Website: www.OfficialOrlandoEye.com (Live May 2014)
• Facebook: Facebook.com/OfficialOrlandoEye
• Twitter: @TheOrlandoEye