Summer has hit Orlando, which can only mean one thing! Hot temperatures, masses of travelers, and kids home! Marlow’s Tavern is hoping to change your prospective with there new promotion! Amazing burgers, s’mores, hand crafted drinks, and of course local brew beers are now the focus this summer! If that is not enough, Marlow’s Tavern is kicking up the heat with a grilling competition that can land you bragging rights as well as a Big Green Egg! The tavern is showcasing these food items now, until July 28th! Come in and enjoy some patriotic plates, cocktails to cool you down, and beer from around Orlando!
The “Red, White and Brew” menu includes the following highlights, offered daily through July 28:
- Beer and Cheese Soup–a light beer soup with garlic, fresh thyme, provolone, Swiss and Parmesan sourdough crisp ($6)
- Firecracker Deviled Eggs –pimento cheese, apple-wood smoked bacon, fresh herbs and firecracker sauce ($3/$5)
- Beach House Bruschetta – fresh shrimp, lump crab, avocado, Granny Smith apple, fresh jalapeño, red onion, corn, red pepper, olive oil, fresh Florida citrus and hand-picked cilantro ($9.50)
- Wild West Bison Burger – lean, ground bison, perfectly seasoned, decorated with bacon, cheddar, BBQ ranch and crispy onions on a toasted sesame brioche bun served with American fries ($14)
- Backyard Blackened Mahi Sandwich – dusted, grilled, pressed and stacked with baby arugula, citrus aioli, toasted sourdough and a red, white and blue potato salad ($15)
- Grilled Kansas City Strip Steak – “hot off the grill” tender bone-in KC strip, blazed with Montreal spice and chili-slather, twice-baked, salt-crusted Burbank potato and grilled jumbo asparagus ($25)
- Red, White and Blue Potato Salad – Red Bliss and Peruvian “blue” potatoes, apple-wood smoked bacon, chopped egg and fresh herbs ($3)
- “Campfire” S’mores– house-made milk chocolate and peanut butter, graham cracker, burnt marshmallow layered in a jar and good enough to drink ($6)
The beverage list features the following locally made, ice cold brews and handcrafted beverages that add to the red, white and blue celebration:
- Red – Right on Red (Orlando, FL) – medium bodied Irish style ale with impeccable balance; moderate caramel and noble hops create this picnic pleasing, copper brew ($6)
- White – Boulevard Brewing Co. Unfiltered Wheat (Kansas City, MO) – lively, refreshing ale with a natural citrus flavor and cloudy appearance ($5)
- Blue – SweetWaterBlue (Atlanta, GA) – Atlanta’s favorite ale with a hint of fresh blueberries ($6)
In addition, the Marlow’s Tavern Grilling Recipe Contest invites grill-masters to submit their best recipe for a chance to win a coveted Big Green Egg. Marlow’s has teamed up with the grilling company as the companies share an enthusiasm for supporting the ultimate grill-masters and the great grilling season of summertime. The second place prize is a $200 Marlow’s Tavern gift card, and third place scores a $100 gift card.
Entries are accepted at marlowstavern.com through August 1. No purchase is necessary for guests to enter this contest, and entries are limited to one per person or email address. Executive Chef Metz will review and judge all recipes, then announce the winners during a party in the Atlanta area on September 6 to feature the finalists’ dishes.
Orlando Fun and Food will be out to Marlow’s Tavern soon to try the new dishes! I know we cant wait to see what Marlow’s has in store for summer!!! Have you been to Marlow’s Tavern? If so what did you think? If not, what are you excited to try??? Check back soon at Orlando Fun and Food for more!