On April 15, 1452, a man of immeasurable genius and vision was born. That man was Leonardo da Vinci, and in April, 2015, he will make his way to Orlando. Leonardo da Vinci: Man-Inventor-Artist-Genius is a unique, traveling exhibit offering a glimpse into the brilliance of one of history’s greatest minds. Featuring 40 models of his most innovative inventions, and 23 replications of his most famous artworks, this exhibit is extraordinarily inspiring. “Study the science of art and the art of science” through this immersive study of da Vinci.
Constructed with attention to authenticity and superior craftsmanship, the highly-detailed, interactive scale models of da Vinci’s greatest inventions are divided among four representative Codices, or themes: Flight, Hydraulics, Mechanics, and War Machines. Da Vinci’s machines demonstrate the progressive ideas of a genius well before his time. Guests will journey into an understanding of how these creations of over 500 years ago have become standard in our daily lives.
Explore the music of Leonardo da Vinci for the very first time – masterfully recreated by professors of the University of Music and Applied Arts in Vienna, Austria – while admiring stunning replications of da Vinci’s artistic masterpieces, including The Last Supper and Mona Lisa. Presented in chronological order, this exhibit allows for an unprecedented display of da Vinci’s evolution of thought and artistic progress.
Leonardo da Vinci: Man-Inventor-Artist-Genius has traveled the world, on display throughout the United States, Europe, Canada, Asia, and Latin America. We now invite you to experience the genius of da Vinci here in Orlando. As Leonardo da Vinci once said, “experience is the source of all knowledge.”
- PRICES – $16.99 for adults; $9.99 for children ages 6-12; 5 years and under are free**. Packages combining visits to CSI: The Experience are available.
- HOURS – 10:00 am-9:00 pm Monday – Saturday, 10:00 am-8:00 pm Sunday.
- GRAND OPENING – A special Grand Opening event is being planned for Saturday, April 18. Leonardo da Vinci’s birthday is April 15. Festivities will include special guests including Mark Brisson from Skeletons: Animals Unveiled, and painting classes offered by Wine and Canvas. Food provided by Tin Roof. This event will be open to the public. Additionally, we will be launching a month-long food drive to benefit Second Harvest. More event details to come.
- FUTURE EVENT/ PROGRAM PLANS – Additional programs, educational opportunities, ongoing events, and partnerships will be announced in the near future.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Please follow us on Twitter @LDaVinciOrlando or on Facebook @Leonardo Da Vinci Orlando Exhibit for future updates, events, and exhibit media.