Vivian recently got the chance to go review iFLY Orlando and see what all the buzz is about! For those who don’t know what iFLY Orlando is, it is an indoor skydiving area right off International Drive by Universal Studios Florida. This attraction gives the participants the feeling of skydiving without actually jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. This experience has some limitations before we go any further!
- Not recommended for those with a history of heart trouble.
- People with prior back injuries or shoulder dislocations should not fly!
- Those who are pregnant should not fly.
- Participants under 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 pounds.
- Participants over 6 feet tall must weigh less than 250 pounds.
- All participants must sign our Release of Liability (waiver) and present a valid ID.
- Flyers are required to check in 60 minutes before their scheduled flight time.
- Wear tennis shoes
- Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian sign an iFLY release of liability and the parent or legal guardian must present a valid ID.
- If the parent or legal guardian cannot attend, the participant must provide an iFLY release of liability signed by a parent or legal guardian and a photocopy of the parent or legal guardian’s valid ID.
- Must be at least 3 years old to fly.
Now that is done with, lets get to the fun! When you arrive at check in you have to sign your wavers, pay your fees and such. After the quick check in, you make your way to the observation area where you can watch other participants. This is where I will leave you in this adventure. Vivian is going to explain her part of her adventure now:
Hey guys, Vivian here! I have to admit something up front. I was a little nervous so watching the class before me fly was really helpful.
When the instructor comes out he will call the time on your wrist band. Then you will follow him up into the class room. When you get to the class room the instructor will tell you what to do in the flight tube. Then the instructor will have you lay on a body shaped table and do what he told. They tell you to keep your arms and legs in a certain position and they will tell you the hand signals and what they mean. After you complete the training, they will take you outside of the room to the gear station. At the gear station you put on a suit that zips and Velcro’s up. Then you get a helmet, googles and, ear plugs. Be sure to wear sneakers because other shoes will fly off, and if you are a girl like me be sure to braid your hair or put it in a low pony tail that will fit under the helmet to avoid knots in your hair.
Once you are dressed you will walk down the stairs and into the flying tube and you will wait your turn. When it is your turn you will just fall into the tube and fly. When you are flying your instructor will hold on to you and tell you corrections until you are formed just right. Then they will let go of you , but if you fall or go to high they will help you back to the right spot. To me it felt like I was floating on air and was the most fun thing in the world. Then if you pay 10 dollars extra you can do the high fly, which allows you to go to the top of the tunnel over and over again. This to me was scary and real super fun. You should do iFly to experience the most fun thing in the world!
Jason back with a wrap up! Vivian really loved this experience and she stated it was the best thing that she has ever done here in Orlando, and trust me we have done a lot! The experience seems short from the outside, however she said she felt like it was a good amount of time. We also highly recommend the high fly experience. The look on her face shooting up and down the air tunnel is something that I will never forget! Watch her video below to see how her experience was!