Busch Gardens brings back Tampa’s #1 haunt attraction this year with an all new interactive experience, a new house, & more! Once you enter you will hear the song & you will be cursed. Lurking throughout the park, hundreds of undead creatures are waiting just for the cursed! You must survive the night to break the curse! Howl-O-Scream is an adult only event that will be held from 7:30pm until 1am every Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night from October 2 until November 1st as well as Sunday, October 19th. Freaky Preview will be Friday, September 26 & Saturday, September 27.
Some of the new experiences for 2014 include:
- Cursed Front Gate Experience – Once you enter the gates, you will hear the spine-chilling song coming from radios & music boxes cursing all who hear it. You must survive the evil spirits, undead creatures, & paranormal terrors to silence the curse!
- Slash Mob – Creeping their way throughout the 300 acres of Busch Gardens, you may find yourself unsafe from these mobs even on sidewalks.
- Dead Fall – In a Victorian garden & greenhouse you will find spirits from the past lurking to drag unsuspecting guests into their world.
An abundance of scare houses can be found all throughout the park & include:
- The BASEMENT – Momma’s Meats award-winning recipe is a family affair that’s created only in the BASEMENT. She said the sauce takes blood, sweat, & tears. Escape before she turns you into the secret sauce!
- Death Water Bayou – The Voodoo Queen uses black magic to turn the lost wanderers into her minions. Her servants seek to grow her collection with a zombie-like hunger. Get out before you fall victim to her spell!
- Circus of Superstition: The Final Act – All the years of attempting to avoid black cats have caught up with you. This whole new dimension of fear will require more than luck for survival!
- Zombie Mortuary – This small town funeral home is where the undead feast on fresh flesh & brains. Avoid them or you may next!
- Blood Asylum – “The Creature” has escaped his high-security holding cell for the criminally insane & is on the loose turning the place into his own torture chamber. He will enjoy driving you insane with fear unless you escape!
New this year is a totally interactive experience called The Experiment. For an additional fee, the “test subjects” will have their fear tolerance pushed to the limit! Psychological tests meant to push the limits of the human body will force test subjects to face their biggest fears. A reservation is required. Read more about this experience here!
Be sure to catch the signature show Fiends & get ready to dance as Dr. Frankenstein instructs! Club Cursed is the official dance club of 2014’s Howl-O-Scream & offers signature potions, craft beers, & a full-service bar to keep the party going as the DJ spins non-stop music. Be sure to stop by the Howl-O-Scream Shop of Horrors for official merchandise!
There are also a plethora of ticket upgrades from which guests can choose. A variety of VIP Tour packages are available as well as Front Line Fear Passes & Fright Feast. For $26 per person, you can enjoy the delicious buffet, an exclusive performance of Fiends, 1/2 hour of early access to the haunted houses, & front of the line access until 8:30pm. Front Line Fear Passes start at $45 per person & allow guests no-wait access to the houses. For just $10 more, guests receive no-wait access to 5 coasters as well. VIP Tour Packages start at $99 per person & include event admission, a tour guide, photo, complimentary beverages, & merchandise discounts. Read more about the VIP packages here!
Howl-O-Scream is a separate ticket event & prices start at $89 per person. It is meant for mature guests & no costumes are allowed. Discounts abound so be sure to check them out! Tickets purchased in advance from Publix Supermarkets & AAA locations offer a discount. Promo codes for discounts can be found at participating WingHouse & Taco Bell locations in Central Florida as well as on Fanta products in participating Walgreens & Coca-cola products at participating Circle K locations. There are also passholder discounts on select nights! During Freaky Preview weekend only, platinum passholders are admitted for free while Fun card & Pass Members pay only $35. Click here to learn more about ticketing! Click here for full event information!
Will you be attending Howl-O-Scream this year? Have you attended in past years & have a tip to share? Leave us a comment to let us know! Happy haunts……..