Few names in musical history have as much weight as Garth Brooks. Currently, Garth Brooks sits as the third best selling musical artist ever and he is getting ready to pass Elvis to be number two! We all have our bucket list of artists that we would love to see in concert. I had already seen Brooks in concert once, but he does such a great job that I wanted to get back to see Brooks again before he retired. After a long pause from the musical world, Brooks is back at it with a brand new World Tour and new album that is going to drop on November 11th, 2014! I had the opportunity to go to Jacksonville on Friday to not only attend the concert but also to interview the man himself about his career, his ups and downs, and what is in store for this tour!
Let me begin by saying that Garth Brooks is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of interviewing. He is a passionate person who cares about his family, his privacy and his music. When I asked Brooks about his biggest achievements in life, he stated being a dad, the fact that he has God in his life, and that he married his best friend and tour mate, Trisha Yearwood. When I asked Brooks why he chose Jacksonville for one of the first stops on his 3 year world tour, he said that he loved Jacksonville and that he had a lot of history there. He informed me that Jacksonville was the first location that he did two concerts in one day, which is common for him on this tour now. He also stated that he had to cut out some cities (20 total in the USA alone) just because he wanted to extend his time in each city so he could connect with his fans on a more personal level. I also asked Brooks about the possibility of coming to the great city of Orlando. What did he have to say? For now, there are no set in stone plans for Orlando, however, if the tour is extended or even a second leg of the tour is added, then Brooks said that he wants Orlando on the list because of the amazing people here. As for the new album, Brooks stated that it is going to be a typical Garth album with a mixture of songs including his new single, “People Loving People” and a new song that he talked about called “Mamma” which is one of his favorite songs of all time!
Now lets move on to the concert!!!
I do not want to give away much detail about the concert because one of the highlights of this tour for me was the lack of information that I knew about the concert itself. In today’s world, anything can be seen on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more, however, Brooks is trying to keep information to a minimum. Brooks wants this concert to be as unique as possible so each and every fan walks out with the satisfaction that their money was well spent. Let me tell you, I would’ve paid top dollar for this tour and I wouldn’t have regretted it a bit!!!
Here is what I will say about the tour:
- The tour features Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. No scheduled openers were announced for this tour and I love it because I want to see Garth and Trisha!
- Each and every ticket for this tour has been $68.00 after tax for any seat in the house. That’s right, floor seats and nosebleeds are the exact same price. When Brooks was asked about the reasoning for the price, he stated that he wanted to make it affordable for all of his fans!
- Merchandise is cheap at this concert!! I have been to many concerts where the shirts cost more than the ticket itself. Most of the merchandise for this concert was only $25.00 and under! Shirts for $25, hats for $15 and limited edition posters and CD’s were also cheap!
- DO NOT WORRY! There is not a lot of new music in this tour. He does sing a few of his new songs but he told us that if he went to his favorite musician’s concert and they did not do his favorites then he would be disappointed and he didn’t want his fans to feel that way. Friends In Low Places, The River, Thunder Rolls, Shameless and more are in this concert.
- Trisha Yearwood follows the same rule as above singing her greatest songs including American Girl, Walk Away Joe and more!
- This is not your normal concert. No backup dancers, no fire shooting out of the stage, no cheesy videos between songs. This concert focuses on what we all have been wanting for over 10 years- THE MUSIC!
- HE HAS NOT LOST ANYTHING on his extended time away from the stage. Brooks brought the energy, the memories and the emotions that we know and all love!
In conclusion, you need to see this tour if you can. If you have ever listened to a Garth Brooks song then you will love this concert. Brooks continues to bring the energy and the love for the music to the fans! Tickets for this tour are still on sale and you can purchase them at Ticketmaster! We want to thank Garth Brooks for taking the time to sit down with us and allowing us to experience his amazing concert! Brooks will be in Jacksonville this weekend with a concert on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. To read more about Garth Brooks and to see more dates on his tour, make sure to click here!