Celebrate the art of automotive design during Central Florida’s premier weekend of motoring events: the 14th Annual Winter Park Concours d’Elegance, November 13-15, 2015.
This year’s event will be highlighted by three days of exclusive experiences and new enhancements including live entertainment, hospitality village with premium food and beverages and celebrity appearances.
“This year’s Concours has been elevated to new heights with more than double the show size, live entertainment, premium food and beverage, a classic car expo, exotic car showcase and so much more,” said Tim Webber, event producer. “Staying true to the passion and art of automotive design is very important to us while bringing new, distinctive experiences for the next generation of car enthusiasts.”
One of the most highly-regarded, judged classic/exotic car shows in the United States, the show annually attracts more than 10,000 attendees and features 150 of the world’s rarest and most collectible cars.
duPont REGISTRY LIVE
Friday, November 13: 7 – 10 p.m.
Orlando Sanford International Airport
Experience a unique evening set among handsomely transformed hangars for a progressive celebration with premium food and beverage, live entertainment, luxury lifestyle exhibitions, fireworks and runway thrill rides in high-performace cars. The duPont REGISTRY LIVE reception and celebration benefits KIDS HOUSE Wayne Densch Children’s Advocacy Center to fight against child abuse. Over the past five years (2010-2014), more than $110,000 has been raised for KIDS HOUSE from this elite event.
Tickets: $150 per person (combo tickets available)
Saturday, November 14: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Hannibal Square – Park Avenue, Winter Park
The Tour d’Elegance is considered by many to be the heart and soul of the weekend. Invited Concours participants ‘exercise’ their automobiles for a ceremonial and qualifying cruise. The mile-long cavalcade of more than 70 classic and exotic cars begins in Winter Park’s Hannibal Square and travels down Park Avenue, proudly escorted by the Winter Park Police Department. Route details to be announced for public viewing. The Tour will conclude at the Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens. Guests will enjoy a garden party lunch with premium food and drink overlooking Lake Osceola. A presentation of Packards will be on display on the front lawn to showcase the 2015 Honor Marque. Scenic boat tours will be available for guests to explore Winter Park through the chain of lakes and canals.
Tickets: A limited number of tickets are available for $100 each by calling 407.649.9190.
14th Annual Winter Park Concours d’Elegance
Sunday, November 15: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Winter Park Country Club Golf Course
More than 150 of the world’s rarest, most exotic and sought-after automobiles and unique transportation vehicles will be on display. Attendees enjoy intimate access to individual and group autos for viewing and exclusive photo opportunities.
Tickets: $25 per person in advance, $30 person at the gate (combo tickets available)
NEW for 2015, the Concours d’Elegance will also feature:
- live entertainment featuring Los Angeles-based saxophonist and vocalist, Jessy J, as she continues to tour the world supporting the new album, “My One and Only One”; pianist and vocalist Blake Guyre performing a variety of genres from musical influences Billy Joel, Elton John and Michael Buble; and cover band SWITCH playing the best party and dance rock of the 80’s, 90’s and today.
- a hospitality village with premium food and beverage for purchase presented by Cask & Larder, Marlow’s Tavern Winter Park, Morton’s The Steakhouse and Primo by Melissa Kelly;
- duPont REGISTRY Supercar Showcase and the Classic Car Expo with expanded displays of rare, judged classic and exotic cars, vintage motorcycles and wooden boats; and
- guest appearances by celebrity classic car enthusiast and host of Velocity’s Chasing Classic CarsWayne Carini who will also serve as the Concours’ honorary chief judge.
Additionally, two distinct cars will be honored:
- The 2015 Honor Marque (an automotive term for make) is Packard. A dominant force among hundreds of automotive companies, the Packard automobile quickly earned a reputation for its solid construction, superb reliability and ease of operation.
- The 2015 Anniversary Marque is the Ford Thunderbird. Introduced in 1955, the Thunderbird was Ford’s answer to the Chevrolet Corvette and a British invasion led by the Jaguar XK 120. The car has style, refinement, V8 power and was initially available only as a convertible.
“The Concours d’Elegance is an essential event for the City of Winter Park to showcase the classic charm of the area and the contemporary vibrancy of its residents and visitors,” noted City of Winter Park Mayor Steve Leary. “We congratulate and commend the Concours d’Elegance for bringing national recognition and forward-thinking events to our community.”
About Winter Park Concours d’Elegance
Founded by Bob Tallgren and produced by Tim Webber Events in 2002, the Winter Park Concours d’Elegance has gained recognition as one of the nation’s premier car shows in terms of elegance of venue, variety of cars displayed and quality of judging. The Concours is an invitational, judged event that meets the same high judging criteria of prestigious car shows such as Pebble Beach and Cavallino Classic. More than 150 cars will be evaluated by a staff of 50 nationally-certified judges who volunteer their time and expertise.